What is the Value of HIE to Public Health?
- Support complete and up to date immunization records to public health, labs, consumers, and providers
- Provide the ability to aggregate surveillance data of disease and critical patient information for readiness in disease outbreaks, disasters or bioterrorist threats
- Increase efficiency and decision-making with the use of quality, aggregate data
- Enable public health concerns to take a team approach with other providers to provide coordination of care
- Enable a more streamlined and cost-efficient process to obtain patient information
- Help improve relationships between public health and consumers
- Enable relationships between public health and other healthcare providers that improve the quality and efficiency of healthcare and increase patient safety