What is the Value of HIE to the Community?
- Reduce taxation due to lower administrative and overhead costs resulting from work flow efficiencies in state governments
- Improve public response due to improved information during disease outbreaks, disasters or bioterrorist threats while limiting population exposure
- Provide more efficient public services due to efficiencies in data collection and administration
- Higher quality services through more and better data available for decision-making
- Provide the benefits of coordinated care through a team approach by public and private health concerns