What is the Value of HIE to Ambulatory Service Providers?
- Increase efficiency and decision-making by providing more complete patient information, including demographics at the point of care
- Enable service providers to take a team approach with other providers outside their health system to provide coordination of care
- Enable a more streamlined referral process
- Enable relationships between hospitals and other providers and care settings to improve the quality and efficiency of healthcare and increase patient safety
- Help avoid adverse drug events resulting from drug interactions and allergies by providing improved access to medication and allergy history
- Improve process efficiency with the ability to send and receive electronic test results
- Reduce administrative and overhead costs by avoiding the endless search for paper medical records